The cliffnotes below detail events in the book as they occur.
- Three pups are abandoned at the Dog-Garden.
- The female asks why the dead pup is still asleep.
- The small male asks whether he is sick.
- The female confirms, thinking it must be sickness like their Mother-Dog.
- It's revealed that Morningstar, their mother died from a fight and perished under the house, but she told her pups she'd be better soon and to leave her be.
- The bigger male assures them that Blade and her Pack would return since she was the Alpha and Mother-Dogs never leave their pups.
- The female begins to howl on why their Mother-Dog was still still and the pup was not moving.
- The pups all begin to howl pitifully, saying they were abandoned and everyone was all gone.
- Suddenly, the bigger male alerts them that strange dogs were coming.
- The pups hide in their soft-hide bed.
- The female wonders if the dogs would help them, then tells herself that dogs must only want to help each other.
- As she clings closer to her litter-brothers, she wonders fearfully if the dogs would kill them instead.
- Storm is leading a hunting patrol for the first time, the patrol consists of Snap, Mickey, Arrow and Whisper.
After Storm, Snap and Lucky return from their hunt of the Golden Deer they learn that Whisper was murdered.
|A Pack Divided Chapters|
|Survivors Books||The Empty City • A Hidden Enemy • Darkness Falls • The Broken Path • The Endless Lake • Storm of Dogs • A Pack Divided • Alpha's Tale • Sweet's Journey • Moon's Choice|