|He had a territory of his own now, and his friends were all around him. It was all he really wanted.|
|— Lucky's final thoughts in Storm of Dogs|
| Wild Pack|
Lone Dog, Leashed Pack
| Species |
|Names|| Pup: Yap|
Lone Dog: Lucky
Patrol Dog: Lucky
|Family|| Father: Unnamed|
Sisters: Bella, Yip
Brothers: Yowl, Snip
Daughters: Nibble, Tiny, Fluff
Foster Sons: Fang, Wiggle
Foster Daughter: Storm
| Status|| Alive|
|Living||Sweet's Journey, The Empty City, A Hidden Enemy, Darkness Falls, The Broken Path, The Endless Lake, Storm of Dogs, A Pack Divided, Dead of Night, Into the Shadows|
In the Original Series
- Yap wriggles and yawns, and gives a small, excited whimper. Squeak clambers over him and sticks a paw in his eye, but Yap shakes his head and rolls over, making her fall off. She squeaks with indignation, so he licks her nose in a friendly manner. Mother-Dog stands over her pups and nuzzles each one in order, licking their faces clean, and treading her circle before curling around them to sleep. Squeak tells Yap to wake up, as Mother will tell them a story. Mother-Dog asks them if they would like to hear about the Storm of Dogs. Yap is excited, and eagerly says yes, and all of his littermates but Squeak agree.
- Mother-Dog tells her pup’s the tale of the Storm of Dogs, and when she tells them that their Sire-Dog’s body fed the Earth-Dog, the pups are suddenly solemn, and listen in silence. When she reaches the where Earth-Dog sends a Big Growl to open the ground in front of Lightning, Yap holds his breath and huddles close to his littermates, despite having heard the story so many times.
- Once Mother finishes the story, Yowl asks if Lightning will always be with the Sky-Dogs. She answers that he will always be there, and licks Yap’s sleepy face, as he can barely keep his eyes open. After Mother-Dog answers all of her pups’ questions on the story, Yap lets his eyelids droop, and thinks that he loves to fall asleep to his mother’s stories. He believes that it will always be her voice, fading as sleep overwhelms him and his littermates. Mother-Dog curls protectively around him, and right before Yap falls asleep, tells her little ones to watch out for the Storm of Dogs.
- Lucky is held in the Trap House, along with another dog, Sweet. He senses something dangerous coming. Soon after confiding his fears to Sweet, who agrees with him, the earth starts to shake, making his cage bounce wildly. After the earthquake ends, Lucky is helped by Sweet when her cage broke and Lucky injures his paw helping Sweet. Lucky and his new companion escape from the Trap House, and into the city.
- They go in search of food, first taking rotten scraps from the garbage, then go in search of a Food House. Soon the Food House is found, in shambles from the disaster, and after several minutes of begging at the door, they sneak inside. Upon entering they find a dying longpaw, which has been known to feed leftovers to Lucky. Lucky confronts the man as he dies. After the longpaw dies, Sweet declares she doesn't like his city and she belongs in a pack. She gets lost as she tries to find the exit, and Lucky pins her down trying to convince her to stay. Then Sweet tells him he can come too, but Lucky refuses. Sweet runs away upon his denial and he tries to catch her, then decides he is better off without her, for he is a Lone Dog.
- After Lucky sees Sweet go away, he wanders around the city. After encountering a unfriendly cat he wanders into the mall and meets up with Old Hunter. He smells food asks Old Hunter for some, and Old Hunter growls at Lucky, saying that he worked hard to guard his meat, as it might be the only food left. Suddenly Lucky realizes that Old Hunter is in danger from a loosely hanging power cord and warns him. Old Hunter is grateful that Lucky saved his life and gives him some meat to take along with him.
- Lucky exits the room and goes back to the main mall, where a gang of foxes find him and start to chase him. They keep up the chase until Lucky is cornered. When he finally thinks he will have to give them the meat, a "Pack" of dogs come in and manage to chase away the foxes. Lucky is skeptical of this pack, as they seem nothing like wild dogs. The dog who seems the most like the leader confronts Lucky, and Lucky quickly realizes this dog is his sister. She tells him that her new name is Bella, and Lucky replies that it's a beautiful name. Shortly after meeting the Pack, Lucky finds out they are Leashed Dogs and is horrified. Lucky moves past his disbelief and tells Sunshine how to treat her injured paw. The Leashed Dogs are amazed and beg him to stay with them at least for the night. Lucky reluctantly agrees and all the dogs bark happily. Lucky sleeps next to Bella in a chair for the night with the rest of the "Pack".
- Bella tells Lucky the story of Omega Wind and Forest-Dog to Lucky, since he had told her that he had forgotten. Once the story is finished, she tells him that he reminds her of that story.
- When the next day arrives, he notices that the Sky-Dogs have destroyed that clouds and that it was good. The dogs think that they may return home, but Lucky tells them that they can't. They invite him to come along, and he decides that he would stay for a little while.
- Bruno begins explaining to Lucky about how they were long before the Big Growl. The dogs start telling him about the dog parks, wondering if the sandpit was still there. Martha invites him to come with them when their longpaws return. He tries to not allow his muzzle to curl, and he questions if it's exactly like a Pack since they are friends.
- Sunshine tells him it wasn't like a wild Pack, but Bella explains how it's like a pack, but to Lucky, her thought on a Pack is wrong.
- As the Leashed Dogs are wishing one another farewell and happy dreams, Lucky stares around in confusion. He hesitates in following Bella into her home, however she convinces him otherwise.
- Lucky whines once he's inside the house he couldn't sleep. Bella tells him that nothing would happen. But when Lucky and Bella sense something is amiss, they decide to leave the house. Right after that, the floor starts to ripple beneath their paws, and the two dogs bolt out of the house for their lives. Before they can warn the others, the rest of the Leashed Dogs are seen running from their homes. Lucky takes charge of the situation and orders them to stay where they are.
- Bella tells her brother that a dog named Alfie is trapped inside a house. The Leashed Dogs start talking as if the dog is already dead, but Lucky says that he's still alive. Bruno says he would go with Lucky to save him, which Lucky responds that Bruno would make a good Pack dog.
- They are successful in saving the young dog, which Lucky starts to speak with Bella about it. Before he can say a word, she tells him that she was thinking about every dog. He tries to sound kind when he tells her that she's making excuses, but she bristles.
- She tells him that she wasn't making excuses, and if he got hurt, it would've been his own fault. He replies that he can always look after himself, as he is a Lone Dog. The littermate's argument is interrupted by Sunshine, who gives a wailing whine, saying that Daisy has gone missing. Lucky wonders of what trouble Daisy has gotten herself into. He finds Daisy's house and sees the small dog. He snatches her collar, and returns her to her friends, beginning to lick her face fiercely. Lucky orders the dogs to get away from her, thinking she might die.
- When Daisy awakes, Lucky is relieved that she lived. He demands why she had left, and she responds that she disliked the fact that her friends were fighting, so she got scared and left. Lucky tells her to not do it again, which she agrees.
- Lucky tries to persuade the Leashed Pack to leave the city. Bella is reluctant to do so, though Lucky and her argue over this matter until Lucky finds a logical reason to win the argument. After this, the dogs leave the city behind in search of a new home to reside.
- The dogs are in desperate need for water, when at last a river comes into view. Alfie happily runs off to go and drink some, though Lucky knows that the River-Dog has been sickened and the water is unwell. Lucky quickly dashes after Alfie, thankful for that his legs were longer. He pins the pup down, explaining to him that he couldn't drink the water as the River-Dog was sick and unwell. Bella tells the younger dog that he shouldn't be so impulsive, making Alfie apologize to the elder dogs.
- Right after this event, Bruno scents longpaws, causing all the Leashed Dogs to grow excited. Lucky knows these aren't regular longpaws, so he begins to protest, when Daisy runs off to greet them. The longpaws kick her away, and she is shocked and saddened on this. Daisy tries a second time, though Lucky rushes over to her and stops her. Once she obeys, she is told about the bad longpaws. Mickey states that he had never seen a longpaw be so terrible to a dog, which Lucky replies darkly that he had, as his longpaw had abused him.
- Bella shows slight sympathy toward him, though she is more concerned about Daisy at the moment. Lucky tells the pack that they needed to get further from the longpaws as quickly as possible, and the sooner they were gone, the sooner they'd be.
- As they continue onward, the dogs begin to complain. Lucky keeps trying to encourage them, though he is getting irritated with their complaints. Mickey begins to complain himself, much to Lucky's dislike. He tells them that they needed to keep going. Alfie protests about this, and Lucky says that just because a dog was tired or had a slight injury didn't mean that a dog had to just stop moving. Bruno agrees with him before they resume.
- The dogs encounter another river, and Alfie questions if this one was poisoned. Lucky says no, and orders that they use their noses to see its condition. All the dogs join into the water, splashing and playing around. Lucky warns the dogs to be careful, as the River-Dog could be tricky.
- When they got out, Sunshine checks her paw and say it doesn't hurt as much, he advises to clean the paw again. Alfie exclaims that he can't believe Sunshine has a battle scar. When the dogs are hungry, they look at Lucky. He knows he doesn't have any food, and so, teaches him how to hunt.
- When Lucky wonders where Bruno is, and hears a heavy splash. It seemed like Bruno was struggling, Bruno going in deeper. Martha jumps in, and saves him. They are concerned about Martha, and Bruno. Lucky compliments Martha's swimming. Lucky thinks that she is a good fighter. Bruno was struggling to stand, licking Martha's chest with gratitude. Lucky then knew that one day, he'll be a lone dog once again.
- When the dogs are asleep, Lucky has a dream about the Storm of Dogs. He heard whimpering, and he wondered why it had to go on. Thinking that he was a coward, when he thinks for a moment if the dogs were drowning, he wanted to beg to the Sky-Dogs. They were trapped in rubble, caught, crashed because the Trap-House had fell. Lucky heard Sweet's voice, saying to come on. He ran after her, knowing other dogs coming. He fled, but when he looked back, their was nothing but darkness. It was the Storm of Dogs, or so Lucky thought.
- As he calms down, he assesses where he and the Leashed Dogs chose to camp, in a low hollow by the river. The other dogs are sleeping. He is flooded by shame at the thought of being fooled by his own dreams. Although he feels discouraged by the challenge of teaching Leashed Dogs to survive, he realizes that he could help them survive, after failing to help any of the dogs in the Trap House.
- More Coming Soon
- In the prologue, Yap paws at a shiny green beetle, and thinks that the bug won't defeat him, as he is Yap the Hunter, Yap the Swift, Yap the Brave, the fierce warrior of Lightning and the Sky-Dogs. He paws at the bug, but when he hears an eerie howl, the fur on the back of Yap's neck pricks and he cocks his head, shivering. The beetle vanishes under the white fence but Yap forgets about it. He tumbles back to the shed, where is littermates welcome him back with yipping. He squeezes in among them beneath his Mother-Dog's belly, and asks what the noise was, and if they heard it too. The other pups all agree that they did hear it, and one exclaims that it was a scary dog. Mother-Dog tells her pups that it wasn't a dog, but was a wolf, but it won't come there. The word 'wolf' sends fear down Yap's body, and his siblings are just as nervous. Mother-Dog reassures them that there is nothing to worry about, because wolves are similar to them, but are wild and crafty. However, she mentions that wolves cannot be trusted, and the pups must always keep their distance with a wolf. Yap asks why and is confused, and his Mother explains that a wolf would bite him the moment his back was turned. She reminds them of the story of Nuzzle.
- When distant howling is heard again, the pups cuddle even closer together, but Yap feels relaxed, as Mother-Dog's would protect them. He squirms closer beneath her foreleg and guesses that even if the wolf came, they would be all right. Squeak reminds him that a wolf can't get us there, and Mother-Dog agrees that they are safe. Yap tucks his nose under his paw and fees cozy and comforted, though his ear twitches at the howl of the wolf as it fades into distance. He thinks that he will be smart and stay away from wolves. He feels safe and warm in the Pup Pack, and thinks that this is how things should be.
- Lucky is running back to the Leashed Pack, only to discover they are in combat with a wild pack. He is surprised to learn that the Alpha is part wolf, only to be distracted by Alfie. The young dog notices Lucky, giving him the courage to attack the Alpha. Lucky is shocked when Alfie is injured.
- The battle ends when another Growl occurs. A tree falls, resulting in a crack in the ground. While he falls in, he recognizes another dog. Lucky notices the dog is an old friend of his, Sweet. As he helps his friend out of the crack, she offers him a position in her new Pack. He declines, but comments on her role. She admits on how she advanced quickly. As Sweet offers him a position one last time, Lucky explains that he is still a Lone Dog. Sweet is upset at his decision, but allows him to remain a Lone Dog.
- Lucky is able to locate the Leashed Pack, only to discover how poor of state Alfie is in. Sunshine is insistent to help her friend, but he reluctantly proclaims that they cannot help him, as the Earth-Dog is already claiming him. Together, Bruno and Lucky bury Alfie.
- After the burial, Bella speaks with her brother, discussing a plan she has to drive the Wild Pack out of the territory. Since he was not in the battle, she decides that Lucky is to join their Pack and spy. Lucky doesn't want to do the plan, but he wants to help his sister, so he agrees.
- While he is on his way to join the Pack, three Patrol Dogs meet up with him. He orders them to bring him to their leader, but they refuse to do so. Lucky refuses to leave their territory, and they attack. He is greatly outnumbered, since all three are quick and lethal. Before any serious damage can be made, Sweet stops the dogs. The dog were submissive to her, much to Lucky's confusion. He is also brought upon a new title, as the dogs now refer her as "Beta".
- Sweet brings Lucky into the Pack's camp; where he's allowed to join the Pack, all do being made a Patrol Dog, he stills gets called "City-Dog" or "Lone Dog" commonly and is yet to be truly accepted into the Pack. Once this is done, Lucky goes through some rather pessimistic thoughts- such as what would happen if, (or when) Alpha found out about the mission. He was not only worried about himself, but Sweet; for she was now an important member of the Pack, and if Alpha thought she too was part of the mission that she'll most likely either be exiled, killed or become an Omega - all respectfully horrible.
- After this, Lucky goes on a patrol with the other Patrol Dogs, where he learns a bit more about the territory and gets several harsh scoldings from Twitch, one of the dogs that attacked him when he first arrived at the territory. When he joined, Lucky got Twitch's spot as second lowest ranking dog in the pack, after Omega - an oddly shaped black dog with a wrinkled face.
- During this journey, Lucky finds a good way for the Leashed Dogs to get fresh water and food supplies from the other Pack, knowing there was no chance that such an arrogant and fierce dog such as Alpha would share.
- When the Moon-Dog rise, Lucky waits impatiently for food at the camp. He goes forwards to get a gopher, but gets told off by Dart, another patrol dog. Dart then explains that every dog eats in turn from highest to lowest ranks, when it finally comes time for Lucky to eat; he tries to leave some food for the Omega to eat, but gets a scolding from Beta, being told that he should not pity Omega. This event made Lucky think whether he belonged in the Pack; or any Pack at all.
- After the meal, Lucky gets introduced to the Great Howl - a ritual where every dog in the Pack howls to the Spirit-Dogs, mostly being Earth-Dog, Moon-Dog or Sky-Dogs. The Great Howl made Lucky feel loyal towards his new Pack he never imagined possible. Once every dog finishes howling, Lucky make his way to the Patrol Dog den and sleeps.
- A few days later, Lucky is asked to guard the camp at night and he sneaks out to meet Bella and Mickey. He tells them how to get fresh water for the Pack. After his eagerness to go back to the Leashed Dogs, Bella orders him to stay with the rival Pack.
- The next morning, after Dart scents something weird, Lucky recognizes it as a large loudcage. After a short-lived argument, he and the other Patrol Dogs head towards the loudcage to investigate, finding a few longpaws with sticks. Narrowly escaping the longpaws, they reported back to Alpha, who was both impressed and displeased. Gossip spreads around the camp about what longpaws were doing in the forest.
- More Coming Soon
- In the prologue, there is a storm outside and it is raining. Yap buries his face against his Mother-Dog's belly with a whimper, and Mother-Dog comforts her pups that there is nothing to be afraid of. Yap lifts his muzzle and feels safer at the sound of his voice, but after another flash of lightning his neck fur prickles, and Mother-Dog scoops her pups toward her with a paw and pins them down, washing them confidently. She reassures them that though it might sound frightening, it is only a storm, and is only a game between the Sky-Dogs and Lightning. Yap asks Mother-Dog if they won't hurt each other, remembering how his Mother urges him and his littermates to play gently. However, she answers that they are just having fun and won't harm each other.
- Despite the pups' frets, Mother-dog urges her pups to rest, and her voice makes yap look into her eyes, but she avoids his gaze and turns away to look through the clear-stone. Yap wonders if he saw doubt in her eyes, or if he was imagining it. At the sound of his littermates' snuffles and snores, Yap's head grows heavy, although he wants to ask the Mother-Dog more questions about the Sky-Dog. However, he is too tired and he falls asleep.
- When Yap wakes up, the storm has mellowed down and it is still no-sun. His littermates sleep around him, but he realizes that Mother-Dog is gone with a jolt of panic. Yap sniffs for her and locates her watching the rain patter against the clear-stone. Mother-Dog's tail wags slightly as yap approaches, and he is positive that there is worry in her eyes as she turns to welcome him. Yap guesses that it isn't just play-fighting, and assumes that something bad is going on. Mother-Dog lowers her head and tells Yap that he notices too much for a pup. They both turn their faces toward the clear-stone, and Mother-Dog explains that unlike other storms she has seen before, the air feels tighter and the Sky-Dogs howls feel deeper for this one. She wonders if they are really playing of perhaps are angry. Yap asks what and who they are angry with, but Mother-Dog sighs and responds that she is unsure, explaining that possibly a dog did something to upset them. Yap asks asks if Lightning would ever turn on them, and Mother-Dog responds that Lightning and the Sky-Dogs are there to protect them, and no one has sharper instincts than the Spirit Dogs. She predicts that they could have sensed a threat and be howling to warn them of danger.
- Yap protests that she said everything was okay, and asks why she told them that. She responds that she was only guessing and found no point in worrying them over what is probably just the wind and rain. Mother-Dog leans over, licking her pup's face. Yap pulls away and catches her eye, countering that it would be better if they knew that there was something to be scared of so that they could protect themselves. Mother-Dog replies that fear doesn't do any dog any good, and that they Sky-Dogs would always protect them.
- The wind rises again and Yap hides his face between Mother-Dog's front paws. She comforts him not to fret, and says that the Sky-Dogs are probably just play-fighting. Although her words are empty to Yap now, he doesn't challenge her, but rather comments that they are loud when they play-fight. Mother-Dog noses her pup and says that they would be, as might Sky-Dogs can't play quietly. She nudges Yap gently toward his littermates and trods her sleep-ritual circle. Yap settles next to Squeak, and the wind howls loudly outside. Yap's hackles rise as he shuts his eyes, and trembles as he recalls his Mother-Dog's fear that the Sky-Dogs may be howling in warning. He briefly wonders what could be bad enough to alarm the Sky-Dogs before he falls asleep.
- Lucky is demoted to Omega for siding with the leashed dogs. According to the Law of Dogs, Alpha has to scar Lucky permanently so all will remember he is a traitor. Right before Alpha marks Lucky with the scar, a black cloud appears and the dogs leave their home to avoid the strange cloud.
- After Lucky is leading the other dogs away from danger, they all sleep. When he wakes up, in the early morning, he hears Sweet and Bella arguing about Twitch. They say, that he left. When Alpha pads over to them, he banishes Lucky, saying that he's bad luck. When Lucky sets off, he scents another dog, Twitch. He first follows the trail, but stops, and sets off toward the city. Trying to find Mickey, when he does. Mickey is hiding in a alley way, while longpaws are taking stuff out of his house. Mickey wants to scare them, Lucky shows him how, he says how longpaws don't know what a dog's thinking. Telling him to curl his lips, they do so, and the longpaws are frightened and run away. Lucky hears that Mickey is giving up on his longpaws, and thinks that he should let It out.
- Lucky and Mickey set off again, and have to go toward the fierce dog garden. When Lucky scents a few dogs, he and Mickey go in. Finding nothing but pups, Lucky says we can't abandon them. They take the pups, and name them, Grunt, Lick, and Wiggle. When they scent danger, they take shelter. Lick accidentally gets stuck in a hollow, Mickey and Lucky helps her. Leaving once again, going toward Wild Pack.
- Finally there, Alpha confronts them. Asking why they have come back, they answer and are allowed to stay, in the condition that Lucky must be Omega.
- More Coming Soon
- In the prologue, Yap watched a longpaw cub playing with something with a strange scent. As the scent bothers him more and more he started barking frantically, which brought the longpaws' attention. He was afraid that he would get in trouble, but he saw the female longpaw crying and hugging the longpaw cub, and a male longpaw cub was holding him. Then attentions shifted to him and he heard the longpaws saying "lucky" over and over. He wiggles out of the longpaw cub's arms, feeling uncomfortable, and walked over to his mother-dog. His mother-dog said she was proud of him and that he had received his new name.
- After being very unfair to Storm and him, Fiery had challenged Alpha for his position. Soon after on a hunt he got trapped and the hunting patrol came back without Fiery. When the dogs grieved for Fiery, Lucky noticed that Alpha doesn't look like he was truly grieving for him. Then after Alpha did not allow them to search for Fiery, Lucky promised Moon that they would search for Fiery. They had found Fiery later when they were searching for him, caged in a loudcage with many other animals. The search party had managed to rescue all of the animals there, but Fiery was very week. When they were coming back they encountered Terror's Pack, who had been troubling them a lot. There was a vicious battle, and Fiery was killed. Then Storm fought Terror and ripped his lower jaw. Lucky was horrified when he noticed a slight change in Terror's position, and wondered if Storm had felt the need to kill him for sure. In The Broken Path, Lucky is promoted back to hunter from omega.
- More Coming Soon
- It starts when the dogs are resting, and Lucky thinks about Storm, and how peaceful she looks, but than the savagery she had shown.
- More Coming Soon
- Lucky experiences a horrible nightmare about him and Sweet's experiences in the Trap-House. Lucky wakes from his nightmare, frightened and shaken. He turns to look at Sweet curled next to him. He notes that he and Sweet were mates now. Lucky leaves the den and walks around the camp. He watches Storm twist, and growl in her sleep. he wonders if she's dreaming about her brutal fight with her brother Fang, that took place in The Endless Lake at Blade's command. Lucky has a dream of the Wild pack losing the Storm of Dogs.
- Later Lucky watches Storm teach combat moves to Beetle and Thorn. and marvel's at what a natural fighter the young Fierce Dog is. After which Lucky goes for a walk in the woods.
- When Lucky returns, he finds the pack gathered around Sweet. and goes to investigate. We learn that Dart and Moon were on patrol near the Endless Lake. and discovered that Blade's pack has strangely vanished. Dart and Moon also report they hear longpaw activity.
- More Coming Soon
In the Gathering Darkness Arc
- Lucky is briefly mentioned in the prologue as he and Mickey find the abandoned Fierce-Dog pups from Lick's perspective.
- More Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- When Bella is accused of standing up for her mate, Arrow, with the Pack claiming that her word couldn't be trusted, Lucky stands up for her. He tells the Pack that Bella wouldn't have taken Arrow as her mate if he was bad. When Alpha dismisses the Pack, Lucky follows her to their den.
- The next morning, Storm is relieved when Lucky does not look angry at her. She asks him for the story of Bella's reckless attack on the former Alpha. Lucky tells that to her. Storm gets angry that the Pack trusts Bella more than Arrow, despite her foolish past. Then she calms down and asks if he is on a hunting patrol. Lucky is relieved, and asks her to watch his pups while he and Alpha go out for a run. He is angry, though, when he returns and sees that Breeze is watching the pups and not Storm, and is very disappointed.
- More Coming Soon
In the Novellas Arc
- Lucky is mentioned all throughout the book in Sweet's thoughts.
- At the end of the book when the Wild Pack and Leashed Dogs have a clash. There she sees Bella, though not mentioned by name, she is painfully reminded of Lucky. Then when the fight starts, in the corner of Sweet's eye, she sees a golden-furred dog up the slope, thinking she's seeing things, but from the movements he was making as he was running down the slope, she knew that it was Lucky.
- Lucky and Sweet are the first two dogs introduced in the Survivors series.
- Lucky was called "Lucky" by Alpha even though he was still Omega.
- Gillian Philip has said that Lucky will take a more minor role in the second arc.
- Tiny: Living As of Into the Shadows
- Nibble: Living As of Into the Shadows
- Fluff: Living As of Into the Shadows
= Gender Unknown
- "I like being on my own. I mean, I'm sure a Pack’s best for some dogs, but I've walked alone since I left my Pup Pack. I can look after myself."
- —Lucky to Sweet The Empty City, page 18
- "At least I'm not a coward! It was not me who was scared of a dead longpaw, was it? You may be impressed with yourself now, but back in the city you were a different dog... you were terrified, helpless... pathetic."
- —Lucky to Sweet Darkness Falls, page 213
- "I knew Lucky in the city. He was my only Pack when I escaped from the Trap House, and I would be dead if it was not for him. Several times over. He is loyal, brave, strong, and smart. He would be a fine member of this Pack. In fact I asked him to join us before. He said no. If he has changed his mind, that is a piece of good fortune for us. You should welcome such a dog, not chase him away."
- —Sweet about Lucky A Hidden Enemy, page 102
- "You don't need to worry about me! I can always look after myself - I'm used to it."
- —Lucky to Bella The Empty City, page 132
- "What nonsense. Of course it isn't! You're the bravest, cleverest dog I know. Alpha's just intimidated by you, scared of any challenge to his leadership. He's not half the dog you are! Some dogs would have left the pups in the Dog-Garden, but you didn't. Being with you gives me courage. You'll just have to reason with Alpha. You'll manage it, too - you could charm the rabbits out of their burrows!"
- —Mickey to Lucky Darkness Falls, page 151
- "They don't have to grow up that way. No dog is born vicious. Just like I wasn't born streetwise. The Fierce Dogs are taught to be aggressive... their lives make them what they are."
- —Lucky to Alpha Darkness Falls, page 171
- "It's a good name, Yap. [...] It's a name that will keep you out of trouble, little one- and I get the feeling you might need that. Look on it as a gift from the Forest-Dog."
- —Mother-Dog to Yap The Broken Path, page prologue
- Lucky: "I'll stay because I'm a Pack Dog now. Haven't I proven myself enough for you? I'm surprised you're even speaking to me. Isn't it beneath a Beta to talk to the Omega? Are you taking cover behind the mist, so no dog will see you?"
- Sweet: "Don't be like that, Lucky. I didn't mean to offend you-"
- Darkness Falls, page 272
- "You disgust me! You despicable traitor. You turned on your own Pack after they mourned for you, taking you for dead! Dishonorable beast! Even now, you show contempt for the laws of the Spirit Dogs! Blade promised that Storm could go free if she passed the Trial, that she would not be harmed!"
- —Lucky to Alpha The Endless Lake (book), page 295
- "I see visions of packs clashing, as though every dog in the world has come together for a terrible fight. I don't know when it will happen or if it will happen. But I have realized something. The Fierce Dogs will never leave us alone as long as things aren't settled between the packs. Eventually we will have to stop running. We will need to make a stand, to fight the Fierce Dogs and win!"
- —Lucky to the Wild Pack The Endless Lake, page 303
- "Run away and never show your face again, not here, or our camp, not in the forest or by the banks of the Endless lake. If you promise to disappear for good, I will let you live."
- —Lucky to Alpha Storm of Dogs (book), page 253
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 88
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 22
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 182
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 94
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Revealed in The Empty City, page 1
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 9
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 130
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 173
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 14
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in Storm of Dogs, page 30
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 171
- ↑ Revealed in Sweet's Journey, page 64
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in The Empty City, page 81
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy Pack List
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 8
- ↑ Revealed in The Endless Lake, page 261
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 84
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, chapter 2
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 20
- ↑ revealed on Gillian's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 123
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 6
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Revealed in The Empty City, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Storm of Dogs, page cite
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 Revealed in Dead of Night, page 69
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 229
- ↑ Revealed in Storm of Dogs, page 77
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 287