|"Sweet's right. If the Storm of Dogs is real, if it's coming, it is better that we're all prepared. Every last one of us has fought against hardships and learned to cope in an altered world. Soon we may have to fight once more, to battle for our very existence, perhaps for the last time. No dog here will stand alone. We are the Wild Pack; we are survivors! If the Storm of Dogs is coming, we will meet it together. "|
|— Lucky to the Wild Pack in The Endless Lake, page 304|
Yap (Pup Pack)
- Lucky seems very independent and clever. One of Lucky's special skills is being able to navigate the city. He is known for his reputation as a Lone Dog , and can easily care for himself alone. He seems to be proud himself in knowing the ways of a city. He shows kindness in showing the Leashed Pack some of his survival skills and also teaching them how to hunt and scavenge.
- Lucky begins life as a pup named Yap, along with his littermates Squeak, Yowl, Yip, and Snip. He enjoys hearing about the Storm of Dogs multiple times from his Mother-Dog. He always falls asleep afterward.
- More coming soon
- Lucky is adopted by longpaws. The longpaw pups play with him too roughly and he is abused by their father. One day, a door is accidentally left open and Lucky escapes from his owners.
- Lucky meets Old Hunter.
- More coming soon
- Lucky is captured by longpaws and taken to the Trap House. There, Lucky meets Sweet.
In the Original Series
- Lucky is held in the Trap House, along with another dog, Sweet. He sensea something dangerous coming. Soon after confiding his fears to Sweet, who agrees with him, the earth starts to shake, making his cage bounce wildly. After the earthquake ends, Lucky is helped by Sweet when her cage broke and Lucky injures his paw helping Sweet. Lucky and his new companion escape from the Trap House, and into the city.
- They go in search of food, first taking rotten scraps from the garbage, then go in search of a Food House. Soon the Food House is found, in shambles from the disaster, and after several minutes of begging at the door, they sneak inside. Upon entering they find a dying longpaw, which has been known to feed leftovers to Lucky. Lucky confronts the man as he dies. After the longpaw dies, Sweet declares she doesn't like his city and she belongs in a pack. She gets lost as she tries to find the exit, and Lucky pins her down trying to convince her to stay. Then Sweet tells him he can come too, but Lucky refuses. Sweet runs away upon his denial and he tries to catch her, then decides he is better off without her, for he is a Lone Dog.
- After Lucky sees Sweet go away, he wanders around the city. After encountering a unfriendly cat he wanders into the mall and meets up with Old Hunter. He smells food asks Old Hunter for some, and Old Hunter growls at Lucky, saying that he worked hard to guard his meat, as it might be the only food left. Suddenly Lucky realizes that Old Hunter is in danger from a loosely hanging power cord and warns him. Old Hunter is grateful that Lucky saved his life and gives him some meat to take along with him.
- Lucky exits the room and goes back to the main mall, where a gang of foxes find him and start to chase him. They keep up the chase until Lucky is cornered. When he finally thinks he will have to give them the meat, a "pack" of dogs come in and manage to chase away the foxes. Lucky is skeptical of this pack, as they seem nothing like wild dogs. The dog who seems the most like the leader confronts Lucky, and Lucky quickly realizes this dog is his sister. She tells him that her new name is Bella, and Lucky replies that it's a beautiful name. Shortly after meeting the pack Lucky notices their collars and realizes they are leashed dogs. Suddenly Sunshine, one of the dogs, realizes that the foxes injured her paw and begins to dance around wildly, barking crazily. Lucky calms her down and shows her how to treat her paw. The other dogs are amazed and beg him to stay with them at least for the night. Lucky reluctantly agrees and all the dogs bark happily. Lucky sleeps next to Bella in a chair for the night with the rest of the "pack".
- Bella tells Lucky the story of Omega Wind and Forest-Dog to Lucky, since he had told her that he had forgotten. Once the story is finished, she tells him that he reminds her of that story.
- When the next day arrives, he notices that the Sky-Dogs have destroyed that clouds and that it was good. The dogs think that they may return home, but Lucky tells them that they can't. They invite him to come along, and he decides that he would stay for a little while.
- Bruno begins explaining to Lucky about how they were long before the Big Growl. The dogs start telling him about the dog parks, wondering if the sandpit was still there. Martha invites him to come with them when their longpaws return. He tries to not allow his muzzle to curl, and he questions if it's exactly like a Pack since they are friends.
- Sunshine tells him it wasn't like a wild Pack, but Bella explains how it's like a pack, but to Lucky, her thought on a Pack is wrong.
- As the leashed dogs are wishing one another farewell and happy dreams, Lucky stares around in confusion. He questions Bella if they should sleep in her longpaw home, and she tells him that the Big Growl had left. He reminds her that it can return. He thinks they should sleep outside, rather than inside the broken longpaw home, but they go inside her house anyway to sleep.
- Lucky whines that he couldn't sleep in the house, but Bella tells him that nothing would happen, but once she fidgets another time, she gets to her paws, agreeing with him that higher ground was better. Right after that, the floor starts to ripple beneath their paws, and the two dogs bolted out of the house for their lives. Before they can warn the others, the rest of the Leashed Dogs are seen running from their homes. Martha and Daisy start to make their way back home, but Lucky orders they stay.
- Bella tells her brother that a dog named Alfie is trapped inside a house. The Leashed Dogs start talking as if the dog is already dead, but Lucky says that he's still alive. Bruno says he would go with Lucky to save him, which Lucky responds that Bruno would make a good pack dog.
- They are successful in saving the young dog, which Lucky starts to speak with Bella about it. Before he can say a word, she tell him that she was thinking about every dog. He tries to sound kind when he tells her that she's making excuses, but she bristles.
- She tells him that she wasn't making excuses, and if he got hurt, it would've been his own fault. He replies that he can always look after himself, as he is a Lone Dog. The littermate's argument is interrupted by Sunshine, who gives a wailing whine, saying that Daisy has gone missing. Lucky wonders of what trouble Daisy has gotten herself into. He finds Daisy's house and sees the small dog. He snatches her collar, and returns her to her friends, beginning to lick her face fiercely. Lucky orders the dogs to get away from her, thinking she might die.
- When Daisy awakes, Lucky is relieved that she lived. He demands why she had left, and she responds that she disliked the fact that her friends were fighting, so she got scared and left. Lucky tells her to not do it again, which she agrees.
- Lucky tries to persuade the Leashed Pack to leave the city. Bella is reluctant to do so, though Lucky and her argue over this matter until Lucky finds a logical reason to win the argument. After this, the dogs leave the city behind in search of a new home to reside.
- The dogs are in desperate need for water, when at last a river comes into view. Alfie happily runs off to go and drink some, though Lucky knows that the River-Dog has been sickened and the water is unwell. Lucky quickly dashes after Alfie, thankful for that his legs were longer. He pins the pup down, explaining to him that he couldn't drink the water as the River-Dog was sick and unwell. Bella tells the younger dog that he shouldn't be so impulsive, making Alfie apologize to the elder dogs.
- Right after this event, Bruno scents longpaws, causing all the Leashed Dogs to grow excited. Lucky knows these aren't regular longpaws, so he begins to protest, when Daisy runs off to greet them. The longpaws kick her away, and she is shocked and saddened on this. Daisy tries a second time, though Lucky rushes over to her and stops her. Once she obeys, she is told about the bad longpaws. Mickey states that he had never seen a longpaw be so terrible to a dog, which Lucky replies darkly that he had, as his longpaw had abused him.
- Bella shows slight sympathy toward him, though she is more concerned about Daisy at the moment. Lucky tells the pack that they needed to get further from the longpaws as quickly as possible, and the sooner they were gone, the sooner they'd be.
- As they continue onward, the dogs begin to complain. Lucky keeps trying to encourage them, though he is getting irritated with their complaints. Mickey begins to complain himself, much to Lucky's dislike. He tells them that they needed to keep going. Alfie protests about this, and Lucky says that just because a dog was tired or had a slight injury didn't mean that a dog had to just stop moving. Bruno agrees with him before they resume.
- The dogs encounter another river, and Alfie questions if this one was poisoned. Lucky says no, and orders that they use their noses to see its condition. All the dogs join into the water, splashing and playing around. Lucky warns the dogs to be careful, as the River-Dog could be tricky.
- When they got out, Sunshine checks her paw and say it doesn't hurt as much, he advises to clean the paw again. Alfie exclaims that he can't believe Sunshine has a battle scar. When the dogs are hungy, they look at Lucky. He knows he doesn't have any food, and so, teaches him how to hunt.
- When Lucky wonders where Bruno is, and hears a heavy splash. It seemed like Bruno was struggling, Bruno going in deeper. Martha jumps in, and saves him. They are concerned about Martha, and Bruno. Lucky compliments Martha's swimming. Lucky thinks that she is a good fighter. Bruno was struggling to stand, licking Martha's chest with gratitude. Lucky then knew that one day, he'll be a lone dog once again.
- When the dogs are asleep, Lucky has a dream about the Storm of Dogs. He heard whimpering, and he wondered why it had to go on. Thinking that he was a coward, when he thinks for a moment if the dogs were drowning, he wanted to beg to the Sky-Dogs. They were trapped in rubble, caught, crashed because the trap house had fell. Lucky heard Sweet's voice, saying to come on. He ran after her, knowing other dogs coming. He fled, but when he looked back, their was nothing but darkness. It was the Storm of Dogs, or so Lucky thought.
- More Coming Soon
- In the beginning, he is seen running back to the Leashed Pack, only to discover they are in combat with a Wild Pack. He is shocked to learn that the Alpha is part wolf, only to be distracted by Alfie. The young dog notices Lucky, giving him courage to attack the Alpha. Lucky is shocked when Alfie is injured.
- The battle ends when another Big Growl occurs. A tree falls, resulting in a crack in the ground. While he falls in, he recognizes another dog. The dog is confirmed to be an old friend of his, Sweet. As he helps his friend out of the crack, she offers him a position in her new Pack. He declines, but comments on her role. She admits on how she advanced quickly. As she offers him a position one last time, he explains that he is still a Lone Dog. Sweet is upset at his decision, but allows him to remain as a Lone Dog.
- Lucky is able to locate the Leashed Pack, only to discover how poor of state Alfie is in. Sunshine is insistent to help her friend, but he reluctantly proclaims that they cannot help him, as the Earth-Dog is already claiming him. Together, Bruno and Lucky bury the pup.
- After the burial, Bella speaks with her brother, discussing a plan she has to drive the Wild Pack out of the territory. Since he was not in the battle, she decides that Lucky is to join their Pack and spy. Lucky doesn't want to do the plan, but he wants to help his sister, so he agrees.
- While he is on his way to join the Pack, three patrol dogs meet up with him. He orders them to bring him to their leader, but they refuse to do so. Lucky refuses to leave their territory, and they attack. He is greatly outnumbered, since all three are quick and lethal. Before any serious damage can be made, Sweet stops the dogs. They are quite submissive to her, much to Lucky's confusion. He is also brought upon a new title, as the dogs now refer her as "Beta".
- Sweet brings Lucky into the Pack's camp; where he's allowed to join the Pack, all do being made a Patrol Dog, he stills gets called "City-Dog" or "Lone Dog" commonly and is yet to be truly accepted into the Pack. Once this is done, Lucky goes through some rather pessimistic thoughts- such as what would happen if, (or when) Alpha found out about the mission. He was not only worried about himself, but Sweet; for she was now an important member of the Pack, and if Alpha thought she too was part of the mission that she'll most likely either be exiled, killed or become an Omega - all respectfully horrible.
- After this, Lucky goes on a patrol with the other Patrol Dogs, where he learns a bit more about the territory and gets several harsh scoldings from Twitch, one of the dogs that attacked him when he first arrived at the territory. When he joined, Lucky got Twitch's spot as second lowest ranking dog in the pack, after Omega - an oddly shaped black dog with a wrinkled face.
- During this journey, Lucky finds a good way for the Leashed Dogs to get fresh water and food supplies from the other Pack, knowing there was no chance that such an arrogant and fierce dog such as Alpha would share.
- When the Moon-Dog rise, Lucky waits impatiently for food at the camp. He goes forwards to get a gopher, but gets told off by Dart, another patrol dog. Dart then explains that every dog eats in turn from highest to lowest ranks, when it finally comes time for Lucky to eat; he tries to leave some food for the Omega to eat, but gets a scolding from Beta, being told that he should not pity Omega. This event made Lucky think whether he belonged in the Pack; or any Pack at all.
- After the meal, Lucky gets introduced to the Great Howl - a ritual where every dog in the Pack howls to the Spirit-Dogs, mostly being Earth-Dog, Moon-Dog or Sky-Dogs. The Great Howl made Lucky feel loyal towards his new Pack he never imagined possible. Once every dog finishes howling, Lucky make his way to the Patrol Dog den and sleeps.
- A few days later, Lucky is asked to guard the camp at night and he sneaks out to meet Bella and Mickey. He tells them how to get fresh water for the Pack. After his eagerness to go back to the Leashed Dogs, Bella orders him to stay with the rival Pack.
- The next morning, after Dart scents something weird, Lucky recognizes it as a large loudcage. After a short-lived argument, he and the other Patrol Dogs head towards the loudcage to investigate, finding a few longpaws with sticks. Narrowly escaping the longpaws, they reported back to Alpha, who was both impressed and displeased. Gossip spreads around the camp about what longpaws were doing in the forest.
- More Coming Soon
- Lucky is demoted to Omega for siding with the leashed dogs. According to the Law of Dogs, Alpha has to scar Lucky permanently so all will remember he is a traitor. Right before Alpha marks Lucky with the scar, a black cloud appears and the dogs leave their home to avoid the strange cloud.
- After Lucky is leading the other dogs away from danger, they all sleep. When he wakes up, in the early morning, he hears Sweet and Bella arguing about Twitch. They say, that he left. When Alpha pads over to them, he banishes Lucky, saying that he's bad luck. When Lucky sets off, he scents another dog, Twitch. He first follows the trail, but stops, and sets off toward the city. Trying to find Mickey, when he does. Mickey is hiding in a alley way, while longpaws are taking stuff out of his house. Mickey wants to scare them, Lucky shows him how, he says how longpaws don't know what a dog's thinking. Telling him to curl his lips, they do so, and the longpaws are frightened and run away. Lucky hears that Mickey is giving up on his longpaws, and thinks that he should let It out.
- Lucky and Mickey set off again, and have to go toward the fierce dog garden. When Lucky scents a few dogs, he and Mickey go in. Finding nothing but pups, Lucky says we can't abandon them. They take the pups, and name them, Grunt, Lick, and Wiggle. When they scent danger, they take shelter. Lick accidently gets stuck in a hollow, Mickey and Lucky helps her. Leaving once again, going toward Wild Pack.
- Finally there, Alpha confronts them. Asking why they have come back, they answer and are allowed to stay, but Lucky must be Omega.
- More Coming Soon
- Lucky's revealed to be a Hunter once again.
- Coming Soon
- Coming soon
- Lucky and Sweet are the first two dogs to be named in this new series.
- Unnamed Sheltie: Deceased
= Gender Unknown
- "I like being on my own. I mean, I'm sure a Pack’s best for some dogs, but I've walked alone since I left my Pup Pack. I can look after myself."
- — Lucky to Sweet in The Empty City, page 18
- "At least I'm not a coward! It was not me who was scared of a dead longpaw, was it? You may be impressed with yourself now, but back in the city you were a different dog... you were terrified, helpless... pathetic."
- —Lucky to Sweet in Darkness Falls, page 213
- Lucky: "I told you: I'm not a Pack Dog. I never will be."
- Sweet: "Dogs aren't meant to be alone!"
- Lucky: "I am."
- —Sweet and Lucky in The Empty City, page 35
- "I'm a Lone Dog. I have to be on my own."
- —Lucky to Daisy in The Empty City, page 263
- "I knew Lucky in the city. He was my only Pack when I escaped from the Trap House, and I would be dead if it was not for him. Several times over. He is loyal, brave, strong, and smart. He would be a fine member of this Pack. In fact I asked him to join us before. He said no. If he has changed his mind, that is a piece of good fortune for us. You should welcome such a dog, not chase him away."
- —Sweet about Lucky in A Hidden Enemy, page 102
- "You don't need to worry about me! I can always look after myself - I'm used to it."
- —Lucky to Bella in The Empty City
- "What nonsense. Of course it isn't! You're the bravest, cleverest dog I know. Alpha's just intimidated by you, scared of any challenge to his leadership. He's not half the dog you are! Some dogs would have left the pups in the Dog-Garden, but you didn't. Being with you gives me courage. You'll just have to reason with Alpha. You'll manage it, too - you could charm the rabbits out of their burrows!"
- —Mickey to Lucky in Darkness Falls, page 151
- "They don't have to grow up that way. No dog is born vicious. Just like I wasn't born streetwise. The Fierce Dogs are taught to be aggressive... their lives make them what they are."
- —Lucky to Alpha in Darkness Falls, page 171
- Lucky: "I'll stay because I'm a Pack Dog now. Haven't I proven myself enough for you? I'm surprised you're even speaking to me. Isn't it beneath a Beta to talk to the Omega? Are you taking cover behind the mist, so no dog will see you?"
- Sweet: "Don't be like that, Lucky. I didn't mean to offend you-
- Lucky: "But you have offended me, Sweet. You make me sound like I change my mind every sunup; like I'm not committed to anything, or any dog. Haven't I shown that I can act in the interests of the Pack? Even when it meant letting the pups go? I've tried so hard to do what's right by the Pack - not that you've noticed. Tonight I'll sleep out in a draft, just to remind you and the other high-ranking dogs that I'm the lowest dog, less than nothing. Even though I know there's another way to live, that dogs don't need to be punished and controlled by rank, I'm going to live like a Pack Dog - because that's what I am now."
- —Lucky and Sweet in Darkness Falls, page 272
- 'You disgust me! You despicable traitor. You turned on your own Pack after they mourned for you, taking you for dead! Dishonorable beast! Even now, you show contempt for the laws of the Spirit Dogs! Blade promised that Storm could go free if she passed the Trial, that she would not be harmed!"
- -Lucky to Alpha in The Endless Lake, page 295
- "I see visions of packs clashing, as though every dog in the world has come together for a terrible fight. I don't know when it will happen or if it will happen. But I have realized something. The Fierce Dogs will never leave us alone as long as things aren't settled between the packs. Eventually we will have to stop running. We will need to make a stand, to fight the Fierce Dogs and win!"
- "He's wrong. You showed enormous courage, Storm. Your where you belong."
- -Lucky to Storm in The Endless Lake, page 296
|The Wild Pack|
| Alpha: Sweet
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Revealed in The Empty City, page 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 103
- ↑ Revealed in The Broken Path Pack List
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 14
- ↑ Citation Needed
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 171
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in A Hidden Enemy Pack List
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 8
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 7
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in The Empty City, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 2
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 229
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 111
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 227