|Alpha, we're a peaceful Pack, but I don't like these dogs trying to push us around.|
|— Rush to Alpha in Moon's Choice, page 17|
| Lone Dog|
Moon's Pack, Hunter's Pack
| Species |
|Names|| Hunter: Rush
| Status|| Alive|
Rush is a golden brown short-haired male terrier with a short tail.
In the Novellas Arc
- Rush is first seen returning to the camp in a hunting party. When Hunter is praised for the prey that his patrol caught, Hunter says that some of it was too fast for the rest of the patrol, and Moon is slightly startled, since Rush and Meadow are very capable stalkers.
- Later, when the Wild Pack wants Moon's Pack's land, Rush snarls to Alpha that they are a peaceful Pack, but he doesn't like those dogs pushing them around, and Snap agrees with him.
- When Star gets sick and Moon leaves camp to find a way to help, she hurries between Meadow and Rush as she leaves.
- Later, Rush is seen sitting with Meadow and Hunter just outside of the hunters' den. However, Hunter comes up to Moon and tells her that he, Rush, and Meadow will leave the Pack. He explains that they will leave to not get sick themselves, and they will make a new, healthy Pack, and he offers Moon to come with them. Moon refuses to come, and Hunter tells her that show will die with the others, while he, Rush, and Meadow will live and be strong.
- Later, when Hunter wants to return to Moon's Pack, he tells Moon that Rush and Meadow got sick and died, even though he tried to look after them. However, Mulch growls that the other day on patrol, he saw Rush and Meadow, looking very healthy, and he continues that they had told him that they decided to leave Hunter and snuck away in the night because they didn't like being bossed around.
- "Moon was a little startled. Rush and Meadow were very capable stalkers, after all."
- —Moon thinking about Rush and Meadow Moon's Choice, page chapter 1
- Moon: "What happened to Rush and Meadow?"
- Hunter: "Oh, they got sick. I tried to look after them, but they died anyway."
- Moon's Choice, page chapter 8