|"The Pack isn't going to move again. I'm sick of running away. It will just tire us out and leave us unable to fight—and we may have to yet. If the Fierce Dogs come back, we'll deal with them. If the longpaws want the town, they can have it. But the cliffs and the valley belong to us."|
|— Sweet to the Wild Pack in Storm of Dogs, page 30|
| Wild Pack|
| Species |
|Names|| Lone Dog: Sweet|
|Family|| Mate: Lucky|
Daughters: Nibble, Fluff, Tiny
| Status|| Alive|
|Living||Sweet's Journey, The Empty City, A Hidden Enemy, Darkness Falls, The Broken Path, The Endless Lake, Storm of Dogs, A Pack Divided, Dead of Night|
Sweet is a thin, fragile-looking, lean female Greyhound with smooth, velvety, pale tan- gray fur, a narrow, long face, a long nose, a soft, sleek, short-furred coat, a sleek, slender head, a slender, sleek, creamy-white muzzle, long, thin,slender legs, a light, slender frame, big, large, wide, soft, dark brown eyes, narrow hindquarters, soft, velvety ears, slender, light paws, a sleek, narrow body, pointed chops, white teeth, a thin tail, and a long neck.
In the Novellas Arc
- Sweet first awakens from a bad dream, which she then grimly realizes was flashback of the day she ran from her pack and was captured. Sweet then gets up knowing that she has to find a new pack in the gloomy, new world after the Big Growl. She later becomes the Beta of the Wild Pack.
- More Coming Soon
In the Original Series
- Sweet is in the The Trap House with Lucky and her Pack when an earthquake strikes. Sweet is freed when her cage breaks and she turns to help Lucky. When they escape, the two dogs find the city abandoned. Sweet unknowingly leaves her deceased Pack behind.
- Sweet and Lucky shelter for the night. When morning comes, Sweet is uncomfortable with the city and wants to leave the place. Sweet suddenly remembers her Pack and frantically tries to go back, but is prevented by Lucky. She is told by him all her Packmates would be dead and she sorrowfully agrees. Sweet and Lucky encounter a couple of raccoons, but they appeared to be harmless. The two escapees decide to move on.
- Sweet is taken by Lucky to a Food House where they could eat. After begging at the door for a while, they go in through a side door. They find a dying longpaw buried under rubble. Sweet becomes frightened by the dying longpaw and declares that she doesn't like Lucky's 'city' and she needs to get out of the house. After scrambling around the house looking for the exit, she is pinned down by Lucky. Sweet calms down and tells Lucky she wants to be a Pack Dog. She offers Lucky a chance to go with her to look for a Pack, but Lucky refuses, saying he is a Lone Dog. Sweet then leaves the Food House and runs away from the city with out Lucky.
- Sweet begins to run and dart everywhere, barking orders. When a second Growl strikes, a chasm opens up beneath her and she falls in, with her new Pack and the Leashed Dogs running away. She manages to land on an outcrop of rock and is surprised to see Lucky standing above her. Sweet is guided by Lucky when she climbs up the chasm. Sweet then engages in a joyful reunion with Lucky after she gets out. Sweet tells Lucky about her new Pack, but is hurt when Lucky refuses to go with her. The two bid farewell, and Sweet goes back to rejoin her Pack.
- A couple of days later, Sweet goes out and finds Dart, Spring, and Twitch attacking Lucky. She barks an order to cease attack and brings Lucky back to the camp, after telling him to not speak. Sweet warns her Alpha about the new arrival. When her Pack is dubious of Lucky, Sweet defends her friend. Her speech makes the dogs accept Lucky.
- More Coming Soon
- Sweet is one of the traveling dogs. She first appears when she's arguing with Bella about Twitch's disappearance. When Lucky asks both of them what happened, they both explain their sides of the story.
- More Coming Soon
- Sweet tells the pack to be patient and quiet and then goes to look each dog firmly in the eye, as Alpha struggles to develop a plan on where to go next. She's then seen leaping over a hill and returns to tell the pack there is fish in the pond over the hill insisting that it's safe there, Alpha then uses her idea.
- As the storm returns Sweet grabs the attention of the pack then suggesting they find shelter quickly.
- More Coming Soon
- Sweet is briefly mentioned on multiple occasions in Lucky's thoughts.
- Sweet is first seen when the dogs escape the Cave. She walks to Lucky and says that she thought something bad may have happened to him.
- Once Lucky tells Alpha that they had performed the naming ceremony for Storm while away, Alpha acts out in rage, claiming that without his authority, the naming means nothing. Lucky is then seen looking around at the Pack, then resting his eyes on Sweet, whom he wishes would challenge Alpha.
- Sweet is sitting by the pond wanting to talk with Lucky. She says she wants to tell him more about the Fierce Dogs, where they're based and about their patrols. She then says they can talk later, for Lucky seems tired.
- After Alpha's death in the lake, Sweet, as Beta, should take her place as Alpha, but is stopped after Lucky starts the Four-Paws idea.
- Four-Paws creates confusion and tension in the Pack, leading the dogs to want to go back to the former hierarchy. Sweet becomes Alpha and chooses Lucky as her Beta,
- More Coming Soon
- In the prologue, Sweet is seen in Lucky's dream about the Trap House.
- In Chapter One, Sweet is mentioned a lot in Lucky's thoughts.
- More Coming Soon
In the Gathering Darkness arc
- Coming Soon
- She is first seen horrified and angry over Whisper's death. She demands to know who was on the night patrol. When Breeze and Thorn tell her that they had been on the patrol, her legs are trembling with tiredness but she growls that they failed. She pricks her ears and tells Moon that they need more frequent and better patrols. Moon argues that with scouts going off with the hunters each day, there is not enough patrol dogs to have twice as many as usual guarding the camp. She also adds that the dogs need their daily rest, and if she came off of High Watch she would be able to contribute. Sweet snaps back at Moon, telling her that if the pack's enemy will not rest, then neither will they, and that Moon will stay on High Watch until she says otherwise. Sweet then leans against Lucky's flank as he agrees to what she previously said. When he suggests that the foxes were involved with Whisper's death, Sweet nods her head along with the rest of the angry, vengeful Pack, but her legs are trembling once again and she is blinking slowly. Moon pads over to Sweet, forgetting their foregoing argument, and proposes for Sweet to get some rest, for her unborn pups need her to be still. Sweet assures Moon that the pups will be fine, but Lucky leads her away to their den, and she doesn't protest.
- Storm runs after Sweet and Lucky, wanting to talk to them about her theory; she claims that Whisper's wounds were inflicted by a dog, not a fox. The two aren't moving very fast, due to Sweet's tiredness and her pups, so Storm catches up quickly. When she calls out for her Alpha and Beta to wait, Lucky tells her Sweet needs rest, and that she should wait until he gets back. Sweet, on the other hand, gives her mate an affectionate nudge as she tells him that she'll be able to get to the den herself, and he should stay and talk to Storm. Lucky is uncertain, but Sweet teases him with saying she could walk a few steps herself. As she leaves Lucky and Storm behind, she walks slowly, but with dignity, up the slope towards her den, with her Beta watching her every move.
- In Chapter 2, Sweet is sitting at the end of Whisper's grave, still and silent. She then pays her respects to her deceased packmate, her neck and back as long and straight as her bulging belly would allow her. She praises Whisper for always being willing to help, and wanting the best for his Pack, before letting Beta go next. Suddenly, while the rest of the dogs wish Whisper a good hunting in the Forests Beyond, Alpha lets out a loud yelp, her strong and noble stance sagging as she bends her nose low to the earth. Lucky anxiously starts pawing at the ground, worried about his mate, when Sweet looks up at him, her eyes wide, and yowls that the pups are coming.
- During the following chapter, Alpha is in her den, letting out anguished whimpers and yelps as she gives birth to her pups. She has Moon with her, who had pups herself before and knows what to do. The Pack dogs can hear the older dog's reassuring voice in between Sweet's yowls. Storm, who paces back and forth between her Alpha's den, hears another loud howl, and is tempted to rush to her leader's aid, but she tells herself that there's nothing a young, clumsy Fierce dog could do to help. When Lucky walks out from the den, he tells the nervous Pack that Alpha is doing well, and Moon said everything is happening just as it should. Storm sets off on a hunting party with Mickey, Bella, Arrow and Dart, but the team rushes back to camp when they smell coyotes. Storm tries to tell Sweet about the musty coyote scent they encountered, which made them lose their prey, but Daisy and Omega rush up to her, yipping and turning in tight circles excitedly - they happily announce that the pups are finally here.
- Daisy and Omega run off to fetch some water, so Storm gets ready to visit her Alpha and the new pups. She approaches the pond on her way to the den, and finds Arrow sitting there, his head bowed, eyes focused on the still water. Worry pricks the back of her neck and she asks the male if everything is all right. He sadly tells her that one of the pups is very small and weak - she's a runt. He explains that in the Dog-Garden, the runts were sent away, and Storm is troubled that Lucky and Sweet will do the same. Mickey and Snap assure her that will not be the case.
- The following morning, as the Pack starts emerging from their dens, getting ready to start a fresh day, a bark rings out through camp. It's not a bark of alarm - Lucky's voice sounds rather joyful. Thorn nudges Storm as she runs past to gather around her Beta, telling her it's time for the Den Break. Storm is confused and asks Moon, who came off of High Watch to join the excited Pack, what the Den Break is. Moon replies that the occasion is the pups' first time outside. Lucky walks out of his den, announcing that he is very proud and happy to introduce the Pack to the new pups, and that the Pack must grow to be strong. He stands aside and Sweet emerges out of the dim interior of the den, a sandy-colored ball of fluff held carefully in her jaws. She sets the puppy down on the grass outside of the den, and her mate declares that this is Tumble, their male pup. Tumble blinks up at the gathered Pack, wonder in his large, dark eyes, and started rolling over and over again, trying to wiggle across the grass towards Moon. Sweet, with pride resonating in her voice, tells the gathered Pack that he's too young to walk, but he doesn't seem to know it. Lucky then walks into the den and comes back out carrying another pup - a short-haired and tan one, with a long muzzle and dark eyes. Sweet introduces the pup as Nibble, a female. Nibble sits down beside Tumble, completely still and cowering slightly away from the crowd of dogs. Alpha returns to the den and comes out with the third pup, who is even longer-furred than Tumble but a much darker brown color. Lucky tells his Packmates that the pup is named Fluff, another female. Alpha puts her down next to Nibble, and she sniffs the air curiously, also sniffing her litter-sister and attempting to sniff Tumble, who rolls out of the way before she can reach him. Sweet introduces the final pup, once again a female, but called Tiny, as her Beta emerges from the den. She continues with saying the little pup was weak for a day or two, but she was doing well now. Lucky puts Tiny next to her litter-sisters. She was about a pup-head smaller than her littermates, and slightly thinner, with short golden fur and pale, watery eyes. All at once, Tumble, Nibble and Fluff shuffled towards their litter-sister. The Pack turns their faces up to the sky and howls with joy, thanking the Spirit-Dogs for bringing the pups to them, safe and well. The howl is short, and Bella and Bruno drag over prey they've been saving for this moment. Alpha eats first and well, then lays down in a patch of sunlight with Lucky nosing the pups toward her. The pups smell milk, so a moment later they are all snuggled up to their Mother-Dog, suckling happily.
- Later on, after Twitch gives his report on the fox and coyote scents, and when a patrol group consisting of Storm, Snap, Dart and Thorn comes back after finding the fox den, Storm once again tells her Beta that the foxes are too weak and scrawny to kill a healthy dog, and Lucky advances on her, looking furious. The Pack is startled that Storm would even consider the thought of a dog from camp killing poor Whisper. Lucky looks like he is about to swipe at Storm, and her eyes flick to Sweet. The swift-dog is watching them closely, the pups held back behind one paw, her dark, clever eyes fixed on Storm. She doesn't call Lucky back, though - she doesn't say anything at all.
When all of the dogs argue if Arrow placed clear-stone in the deer, Sweet silences the squabbling dogs and tells them to rest.
- She has mistakenly been described with bright eyes.
- Sweet is mistakenly called Swift in Sweet's Journey.
- Gillian likes Sweet, but fears that her pups will draw her attention away from Pack matters.
- Tiny: Living As of Into the Shadows
- Nibble: Living As of Into the Shadows
- Fluff: Living As of Into the Shadows
= Gender Unknown
- "I'll be okay. I won't fight- with the Wind-Dogs at my back, I can outrun any dog!"
- —Sweet to Lucky Storm of Dogs (book), page 220
- "I didn't want to leave you behind. But you wanted to stay in the city. And I needed a Pack. I wish I could make you understand, Lucky."
- —Sweet to Lucky A Hidden Enemy, page 27
- "Beta? No. She's the newest member of the Pack! She joined maybe half a Moon-Dog journey after the Big Growl. But she is so fast and clever - and ruthless. She became Beta very quickly!"
- —Twitch to Lucky about Sweet A Hidden Enemy, page 115
- "You tried to advance and you did it by the pack rules - and even though you lost, you aren't abandoning your position."
- —Sweet to Lucky Darkness Falls, page 278
- "We should start looking for more dogs. We need a good, strong pack. I want to find as many dogs as we can. We need to track down other survivors, and get out of here right now!"
- —Sweet to Lucky The Empty City, page ??
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in A Hidden Enemy Pack List
- ↑ Revealed in Sweet's Journey Pack List
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in The Empty City, page 7
- ↑ Revealed on Gillian's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Sweet's Journey, chapter six
- ↑ Citation Needed
- ↑ Revealed in Storm of Dogs Pack List
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 12
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 217
- ↑ Revealed on Gillian's Facebook
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Revealed in Storm of Dogs, page 38
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 16
- ↑ Revealed on Gillian's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 271
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 9
- ↑ Revealed in Dead of Night, page 10
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 32
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 212
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 134
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 137
- ↑ Revealed in The Endless Lake, page 203
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 Revealed in The Empty City, page 15
- ↑ Revealed in Dead of Night, page 9
- ↑ Revealed in The Broken Path, page 73
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 22
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 79
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 33
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 167
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 17
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 60
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 94
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 36
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 8
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 29
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 28
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 12
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 54
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 16
- ↑ Revealed in Storm of Dogs, page 37
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 270
- ↑ Revealed in Sweet's Journey, page 5
- ↑ Revealed on 
- ↑ Revealed in A Pack Divided, chapter 7
- ↑ Revealed in Storm of Dogs, chapter 1
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 45.2 45.3 Revealed in Dead of Night, page 69